Any interest in a '73 Mark IV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a '73 Mark IV?

No idea about condition, but it was in the auction listings this week. Title info I ran showed the vehicle was last registered in 2000-2001, so it may be an abandoned vehicle. I did also note a criminal history associated with someone by the same name as the last registered owner that is consistent with an adjudication in this county, so it could also have belonged to someone no longer in the free-world.

Auction is scheduled for Thursday, so I would need to know by tomorrow night whether to even show up (mainly so I can get some cash on Thursday morning since they are cash-only auctions). My guess is that it would go for no more than a few hundred unless there is a bidding frenzy for the 460 and not the car.

unfortunately the '73 460 is way detuned. I think 71 was the last real power year for them.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
      unfortunately the '73 460 is way detuned. I think 71 was the last real power year for them.
      Numbers took a nosedive in, I believe, 1971 because of the change in where the HP was being measured from. Having driven some 1971 offerings and being able to immediately drive a 1972 counterpart (not Lincolns though), there was no discernible seat-of-the-pants difference in most vehicles that were comparably equipped.

The real problems came a few years later with the advent of unleaded fuel, which brought us the close of the leaded era and the never-ending interference of the EPA. I remember when we sold a '74 Mustang II, the new owner also got a box of emissions-related parts that could be put back on the car in case anyone ever asked about them...it was a BIIIIIIIIG box o'crap.

Comment

It has to do with the Cams getting retarded 4 degrees, and shitty heads.

The D0VE heads yeilded 10:1 compression in the 70 models...

And 375 Gross HP.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If not for the whole lack of time and money I'd be interested, but as it is, I don't have any of the above :cuss:
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Would look nice sitting in my Colony Park.. Damn emissions.... :cuss:
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

wish I had the money
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

too many cars in inventory already

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'd love to have it, and I can probably afford it too, but insurance will kill me :drug: Damnit!

Comment

Working...
                  X