Lots of pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of pictures

I took the 85 out the other day for a cruise. I replaced the filler neck seal-but still leaks a lot. Lame

Attached Files
    You can't tell me what to do! #murrica
    1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited - I miss my parents 98 gmq-hpp, but this has more torque!

Go give my art page a like!https://www.facebook.com/JCautoart
    Help out a starving artist- Give her a commission!

Nice! What mods have you done?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

did you butter the filler neck seal with petroleum jelly before installing it and made sure that the tank was good and clean in the contact area?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I changed the original plugs, wires, distributor cap, and thing in the distributor, 18" Charger Steelies, 1979 clear corners and billy got a 79 grille for it. and uhh, touch up paint.
        aka no mods, stock...slow...We've considered doing EFI swap on it.

Cleaned it all and lubed with oil..today I caulked it all up..yeah, gasoline might eat away- but I can just put more on. haha
        1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited - I miss my parents 98 gmq-hpp, but this has more torque!

Comment

is it leaking from the tank side or the neck side. if it's the neck side... might just try unbolting the neck and twisting it back and forth a bit and bolt it back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            is it leaking from the tank side or the neck side. if it's the neck side... might just try unbolting the neck and twisting it back and forth a bit and bolt it back.
            I should have tried that.

Comment

Working...
            X