Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found Factory 1989 LTC CD player!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Factory 1989 LTC CD player!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found it in the junkyard. It looks as though it bolts up undereath the HVAC controls and extends out the ASH tray.

I am not expecting anythgin special but was hoping it could work.

I never saw this at all and was surprised when i pulled it from an '89!
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Very rare, nice find 89 only I believe.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

if it doesn't work... it is a full DIN size hole for mounting other car-audio gear.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did you get the housing and the connecting hardware, including the cable to the radio? If no, go get it. That was a nice option. At least you can sell parts if the CD unit does not work.

I am looking for the connecting brackets.

Comment

I looked at an 89 Town car that had one. Pretty rare considering it was like an additional $3500 and really not the popular yet
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

WOW NOkidding. I think I have everything. I will go back there to check. I know I am missing the left bracket that mounts it to the underside.

Also, the color is red., so I guess I need to paint it blue

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I have one of the consoles. Plan is to use it for gauges.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you end up not using the housing etc, let me know. Both my TCs have red interiors. I have a housing without brackets. Always could make room for another one if the price is right. If you can send me a picture of the brackets, it would be appreciated.

Comment

Not a problem.

I plan to use it though, if I don't I will let you know!

What kind of harnesses and wiring do you ned to hook it up to the stereo/tape deck? The car I got it from didn't have a radio in it, so I have no idea how it was hooked up

What I plan to do is spray paint it with some kind of vinyl spray (blue). Hopefully, it should hold!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                  -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

it plugs into the back of the factory radio. If you remove the stock radio, you should see a plug on the back of it, or maybe its just got a couple of jumpers on a rectangular plug back there. REmove the plug or the jumpers and connect the CD player cable into that. Not quite sure where it powers out of, but I suspect its on a connector that goes between the power cable coming out of the dash and where it plugs into the stereo itself. The plugs should be reasonably obvious in shape so you can tell where they go. Its designed so that you can't plug it in the wrong way or to the wrong spot. This will not work if you don't have a factory stereo though.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fortunately, I have the factory stereo.

So instead of pluggin that rectangular plug into tape deck, I plug it directly into the cd player? I did notice there are another two wires coming from the cd player that have been cut 8 inches up Any clue what that is?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

What CD player's did those use? My buddies 93 T-bird has the optional one, I wonder if it's the same. From what I hear they were really unreliable.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

if its not that one, its damn similar looking. I've never had one, so no clue about reliability. The ones in the Mark VII are getting sketchy at this point. Mine has been rebuilt, the laser re-aligned, and its basically dead again. I think the laser assembly has shit itself. I'm pretty much at the point of giving up on it. The FM doesn't work, the display is out, and it won't play a CD. Only thing that works is the aux input that was added for the ipod.

porschpow: there are 2 rectangular plugs on the back of the stock tape deck. One is usually not used unless you have the CD player. There may be some jumpers inside of that un-used socket though. Remove the jumpers or the dummy plug that is there, and plug in the cable from the CD player. It should fit the hole. If your stock stereo does not have either a dummy plug or jumpers in that hole, it probably will not work though.

Comment

I know my tape deck looks similar, but the CD player, I believe looks the same, but it has the ford emblem right where the Compact disc player insignia is

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

nice, thanks for the heads up.

just curious, where can you get your cd player serviced (ie laser re-aligned)??

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X