Just want an idea:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want an idea:-)

Need to determine what I should insure my '86 MGM Tudor for?
    Interior is near mint, some surface rust on pass side, and the usual dings/dents, nothing catastrophic.......

Just want a realistic range

Mid 80k's mileage

You should insure for agreed value, pay someone the Insurance company recommends the $1-150 to have them drag ass out and inspect it. You don't want them to use market value when the only cars they consider are clapped-out $700 beaters on CL but the NADA classic car guide says Average condition $8500.

You really just want to insure it for enough to replace the car with something similar/better if the absolute worst were to happen. This is where agreed value comes in, the appraisal is agreed to be what your car is worth, and that figure is in the policy and THAT is what they pay out (minus deductible) in the event of a total loss.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The thing is, boxes literally have no value, no matter what shape they are in.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I got some money out of my insurance company when they totalled the Towncar after the door and fender got stoved in. Their comps found some random high mileage beater, which was like $800. Mine came up with one in nice shape with no restoration and around 100k for $4500. A lot of it will depend on the amount of work thats been done to the car. If you've rebuilt the suspension or driveline, it goes a long way towards helping things out. A slightly rusty car with a bunch of miles thats basically just in maintained shape is worth only a little above scrap in their eyes.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It is important to find an equal value of a replacement car. Print the ads. Keep your repair receipts as that will re-enforce your position for more money. Most of the companies want at least two pictures inside a garage and outside. The insurance companies will not normally complain about a reasonable value. The more you insure it for, the more you will pay.

Comment

Dear Panthers,

If you know an insurance company that will insure a 20K per year 1989 Colony Park for agreed value (at any premium), please PM me the name.

Donald McCaig

Comment

Working...
            X