Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dirty IACV....oh wait, I have drive by wire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dirty IACV....oh wait, I have drive by wire...

Hoping someone has some later tech advice. So, on my '07, sometimes it runs like crap at idle when I start it, dies if I put it in drive or reverse. Figure I have a dirty IAC valve and pop open the hood to remove/clean it just like on my '97. I spend a minute or two looking, wondering where the hell it went when I finally realize, oh wait, I have drive by wire in this one.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm guessing whatever part holds open the throttle at idle is maybe gummed up? Or is it more likely some kind of sensor issue? It doesn't throw any codes....

To top it off, I decided I was going to try and pull off and look at the part that is apparently responsible for idle air flow. I started taking one screw out and my buddy is like "you sure you want to do that right now?" Was late in the day and I had some in-laws at the house so I decided not to and tried to put the screw back in. It was getting tight, but not at all too tight, when the head pops off. So I have to deal with that too. (Thus, my username...)

Any advice, thoughts, appreciated. Thanks.

Bad TPS maybe? Would think it would be a problem at other times as well but who know? Rockauto shows a IAC gasket but no IAC. Interesting......Bobby

P.S. A good cleaning of the TB and entire area with the right cleaner might do the trick!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
    X