ScottFest 2014 Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScottFest 2014 Aftermath

I've got about 100 photos in my Photobucket album. So to avoid slowing things waaaaay down, I'll just post a link to it.

There's a sub album that contains all the dyno photos.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/Tu...ottFest%202014

Had a blast as always! Shame we couldn't go drag racing, but the dyno was pretty awesome. Probably one of our best cruises this year too! 11 Panthers and some random Challenger.

And I had the pleasure this year of being the one to breakdown. Cherry blew an EGR coolant hose in the parking lot of Pioneer Tunnel, so we used Phil's tools to plug 'em up to get back to Scott's. I believe Phil or Nick may have photos of us working on this...

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Some of the road shots reminded me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwgGa2407ts
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

This:

Leads to this:

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by LithiumCobalt View Post
        Some of the road shots reminded me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwgGa2407ts

watched it quite a few times and makes me nearly cry every time.... :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsuDRLjpGs
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          This:

Leads to this:

-ryan s.
          I love you. Glad someone went back to grab some aftermath pics....
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Scott. Just checked out the photos. Great job to you and Sarah. Also Jim should be happy. Before your camera munched on another set of batts you managed to get Jims wagon putting on teh smoke show.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Out the sunroof on the cruise.

And all three.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Here is a link to teh pics I took.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/da...?sort=3&page=1
                  ~David~

Comment

I made it home safe, no trouble from the brakes. I think I have a lazy or slow-to-release caliper that got one or the other hot on the scenic cruise, it didn't get hot like that anywhere else we drove. I took a big risk driving home, things like that can take a turn for the worse at any moment! I wouldn't advise it for anyone who would mind doing unmentionable things to a trucker for a ride at 1AM...
                    I definitely won't be driving it (far) until I do *something* about it

My passenger window decided to not go up after I rolled it down to say g'bye to a couple people... but I found a radio station playing disco jams that helped take my mind off it. The window did eventually decide to go back up about the time I realized my gas gauge was getting ready to show a gap behind the last mark for 'E'... this is extra funny (now) because I was just telling Thaine how my gauge goes just below the last peg before it runs out! In a semi panic I take the first exit I get to, ignoring that there were no signs for gas. Of course, I was in the middle of nowhere, with no gas (or any signs of life) in sight at the end of the ramp. So I turn in the direction that looks more lit up in the distance and go... I slowly cruised what seemed like 5 miles, passing a few businesses and homes, but the only gas station I saw was closed. It was quick starting to look like nothing but back road ahead, and I swear I started to hear banjo music... I turned around and head back to the closed station, hoping the pumps would still work for a card. The canopy lights above the pumps were off, most places leave them on if they take 24/7 cards...
                    I've never been so happy to see the two words - 'SELECT GRADE' in my life. I squeezed off enough to make it to a proper gas station (I still heard banjo music) while I had one of the better endorphin-gasms I've ever had.

It was great to see everyone again, I have a nice surge of inspiration now, I might actually do another something non-maintenance/wear item job now, eventually. Luckily a big brake swap counts as both! And I need to upgrade the LED conversions I did to the 85's gauges, I forgot how they are pretty much dim as hell.
                    I'm also thrilled the 85 didn't blow up on the dyno! It just blew nice blue clouds of smoke. Seems to me it could use some fresh heads, mmmhm.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Home-ish safe... pissed off a lot of truckers for sure doing 55-64 mph in 70 zones.

Will probably see about loading pics tomorrow if I can figure out how to transfer from Windows phone to computer.

Had a good time and lots of laughs. Thank you Scott & Skippy for having us!

REMEMBER THE MAN-FUNNEL/HAND-FUNNEL!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

im home.........sorry to everyone if I seemed a little crabby, im just old...lol(and crabby!)...had a good time, cant wait till next year!

Comment

Someone should post the videos from the parking lot, that'd be fun to watch..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Soon enough, Lugs.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Vids are up on the tube.....
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X