How to remove body scatches on hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove body scatches on hood

While I was doing something else in garage, my wife decided to help me wash the car. She took a Brillo pad and tried to remove some bird poop on the hood. Whoa, there, baby. What the heck are you doing? Too late. So, there are some small swirls of scratches, not deep, on the hood. What's a good product to eliminate them? I tried regular rubbing compound, but it barely works. I went to Pep Boys, and they have a few special products specifically made to do the job. Are they worth it? Ed

Have it buffed, maybe even waxing it out. hey another fella from CT!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I looked at the thread to see pictures of the body.

I hope it wasn't a steel brillo. I would suspect a machine polish by a skilled person has the best possibility of removing the damage. In all probability the clear will be thin there when done.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
      X