Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to purchase 05 GM

Aloha guys. Newbie here.

To make the long story short, I'm about to purchase 05 GM with (drum roll please) 222,000 on odometer. It's the GS trim. According to the guy, it was fleet vehicle (taxi) and looks to be OK. Checked pretty much everything including A-arms and everything seems to be OK.

Is there anything else I should look out for? Everything obvious seems to be OK, test drove and it's fine. Pulled the dip-stick and oil seems to be OK, with trans dip stick showing pink color and no foul odor after the test drive.

any advise? BTW, I wanted either CVPI or GM with dual exhaust, but this is best I can do for now...................

Thanks.

Is that "city miles"? That's a lot of miles for an '05. You are in Hawaii? If so, what part? Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

That is a lot of miles for an 05, you can do better no matter where you live.
      Besides that, 05's have that ugly antenna sticking out of the pass side Q. panel.
      Unless it's practically free I would pass it up.
      I've seen CVPI's for sale with a lot less miles than that!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I thought so too. Been looking around for P71, but so far, no luck.

Guess I'll continue looking for better offer..............

Comment

If you have the money, find a real nice CV with low miles here in the mainland. Have it undercoated and shipped to Hawaii. Cars from your area don't seem to last long.

Comment

low mile panthers arent cheap, paid 5 figures for my 06 town car with 54,000 miles

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
            X