Let's see your winter rubber 2014!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your winter rubber 2014!!

Here's my merc, 2002 94,6xx miles with 2.73 limited slip. I have a full set of general altimax arctic studded, size 215/65/16 on steelies. Also gave her underside a few layers of used motor oil.

That oughta git 'er done!
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

I run the same all seasons all year long. I may replace them soon on the truck though, they're getting tired. I subscribe to the theory that if it requires extra effort for me to go there, I didn't need to go that badly. Winter tires are straight out as a result.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Texas yo! No need for snows (not that I could get them anyhow).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I do hate ny winters cuz of the salt, but i love driving in fresh snow!

Comment

Nice photos. Haven't had winter tires since the early 1980's so almost forgot what they look like!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Nice photos. Haven't had winter tires since the early 1980's so almost forgot what they look like!
              I think they look pretty bad ass....

Comment

Those do look badass. How loud are they?

I'll hopefully be putting on snow tires next month. This will be my first winter driving rwd exclusively, but I think I'll be fine except for my family's driveway and the road I live on. The ~20mi of state highway I take to work and school are cleared pretty regularly, but it's the quarter mile of country road between the house and the highway that usually makes or breaks it.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
                - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
                1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
                1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
                I'll make it fit.
                I own hammers.

Comment

Firestone WinterForce up front:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1414522025691.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1276630

Gooyear UltraGrip out back:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1414522089396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1276631

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I got Ultragrips. They are going on this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rezwrrd View Post
                      Those do look badass. How loud are they?

I'll hopefully be putting on snow tires next month. This will be my first winter driving rwd exclusively, but I think I'll be fine except for my family's driveway and the road I live on. The ~20mi of state highway I take to work and school are cleared pretty regularly, but it's the quarter mile of country road between the house and the highway that usually makes or breaks it.
                      With the studs at lower speeds people say it sounds like a flat tire. It doesn't bother me at all. A little bit of safety in exchange for creature comfort.

Comment

Working...
                      X