lock actuators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lock actuators?

Dont feel like taking my door pannel off at this time but ordered a new 2 door lock actuator from Rock auto. Also 2 for the waggon (different pn). i DONT REMEMBER THAT THE 2 DOOR ONES WERE SORT of a rectangle shape and plastic anyone have a picture of a 2 door one and a 4 door one are they different?
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

The one on the left is what Rock Auto sent as a 2 door actuator. the one nex to it is for a 4 door (think the 2 door looked the same). The 2 on the right came of a box but not sure guessing 4 door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper2 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1276647

Comment

never seen the one on the left.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thats aero or whale style stuff. Thats not what boxes use. Connector isn't even the same. Wagons use the same basic lock actuator as the doors in 2 and 4 door models. The lock rod might be different but thats all.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Contacted Rockauto about their mistake about the actuator being for a newer panther model and that it isnt for a 2door as they weret even made in the later years.

They want to charge me to send a return label to pay for shipping. If so will never do business with them again. Dont even like the fact its all internet only no ordering on the phone. Some places like were I get my motorcycle parts send a return lable withthe parts. Cant remember ever having this issue when the supplier is at fault.

Comment

I usually like Rockauto but once they had the wrong part (thermostat) for my '87 GM and wouldn't give me a refund. Said I ordered the wrong part (even though I had proof) and then were "slick" and corrected the website! Even wrote to the owner and he gave me the same line and made it look like I was wrong and an idiot. Didn't care for that routine at all!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I like Rock auto and have not had problems. As one Carquest person told me, "By paying more, you can return the part with no problem" On line vendors don't care because of the good price they give you. Online vendors are great if everything works !

Comment

aFTER A COUPLE MORE e MAILS THEY SET ME A RETURN lable. Now have to get a libary card to use a printer. They called Dorman which said it was a great part and fits my 2 door. I explaned they were for 91 or newer 4 doors not 2 door or 4 door panthers older than 91. Mounting is wrong eletric plug in incorret.

"Thanks for following up. Base on all the information we have it appears your two door Marquis maybe a unique vehicle. Normally we would not cover shipping in these situation but I will make an exception and provide a prepaid FedEx label so you can send the part back. I have emailed you the instructions and label.
                "

Guessing they still think it would fit a 2 door.
                FYI auto zone here wanted like 80.00 for a door lock but there web site even in store pickup was like 40 or under. Think they showed the same part.

Comment

Welcome to another one of these 3rd party catalog errors. When Rockauto gives you unusual options, better look at what you actually have. They list the square ones in the '89 listing as well, forget what they broke their use to when I got a pair of actuators.

You can retrofit late model REAR door actuators into a box (I put '98 actuators in the back doors of my '89). The front, not so much without a lot more creativity. The contours at the bottom of the door don't provide enough room for the late actuator to sit in the correct location and still properly work the mechanism.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                  X