Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Mercury Cougar LS *Big DUW*

Link to thread with the first pics

Just some quick pics of the Cougar and S.U. together. It has a 2.73 open rear end. Rides nice. I wouldn't say it's much quicker than the '88. The Cougar is a 1,000lbs. lighter than the '88, but has 2.73's. '88 is heavier, but has 3.55's. This Cougar is really growing on me. So . . . tempted . . . to . . . mod . . . . I want a trac-lock and 3.73's in back. Dual exhaust. Switch to five bolt axles and put turbines and Cobras on. Must . . . . resist . . . . . GAAHHHH!!!!

SU needs a front end conversion to the older style - it's a box, heep her boxy

The Wildcat can use a new rear quarter panel and a floor shifter, but I've seen on eBay nice 4-bolt wheels so 5-lug axle conversion shouldn't be absolutely necessary.

Comment

Dont convert to the old stuff!

Lookin' good.

And I dig the digital tach too!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Older is better!

Looks good. Besides the damage the paint looks to be in great shape too. Should do a nice job of keeping SU out of the weather.

Comment

Looks like it cleaned up inside pretty decent. Good deal.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

bet you could get most of those creases out of thar 1/4 panel with a little patience and a body and fender tool set........i got my set for like 15 bucks
            lookin good justin keep su out of the salt
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Needs a spoiler.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Scott, mind if I ask where you got that body kit from? Is it something I should be able to find at a parts store? I'd like to use the Cougar as the test subject next spring for body work and possibly paint before I dig into S.U. Not sure, yet. I have to get to S.U.'s rust spots in the spring, maybe this winter if it's warm enough.

When I got the car there was a set of mud flaps in the trunk. They have "Cougar" printed on 'em and already have the holes drilled. Turns out they mount right on the car. It's clear that they were on the car before. Why the previous owner took them off, I don't know. I like running mud flaps, especially in the winter. Car looks a little better with 'em on, too.

Comment

Finally got the Cougar out of town. S.U. sleeps while the cat plays.

Comment

to bad your not local. id fix thoes dents in under an hour with out a paint job.. just primer. cost ya 50 bucks and a 12 pack

Comment

Big thanks to Scott for finding and sending me a set of mirrors for the Cougar. Thanks, mang. They work great.

Comment

I dont think the cougar really weighs 1000# less than S.U. My brothers 87 t-bird at full weight is around 3700, not much less than the weight of a box.
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I was only going by what the title states. I know, titles aren't always correct.

Comment

You no like bling???? LOL Looks good!!!!
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Reason for changing mirrors: the motors in the chrome ones weren't working properly and the drivers' side mirror was badly damaged.

Comment

Working...
                              X