best snow tires for a 94 marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best snow tires for a 94 marquis?

What do you people think are the best snow tires for my 94 Marquis? I live in Connecticut. Ed

Goodyear Ultra Grip are good all around winters, and they last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the UltraGrip on the rear now only because they ran out of Firestone WinterForce tires.
      Which are awesome.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Do you want deep snow or mostly light snow and icey roads? X-ice is good for keeping roadmanners, quietness, etc. with great ice and slush driving, but isn't as serious as a Winterforce for heavy snow.

If you don't drive it a lot, look into Blizzaks. Very good all-around winter, great on-road traction, but super-soft so it doesn't last as many miles.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks, guys, for that info. Appreciate the feedback. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            If you don't drive it a lot, look into Blizzaks. Very good all-around winter, great on-road traction, but super-soft so it doesn't last as many miles.
            I bought a set of those for my '92 the other day. My commute to work is 12 miles round trip. I figure they'll last me several winters.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

My Blizzaks lasted seven winters. Got 60K on them. Don't over inflate them. Great tires.

Comment

That's a good tip, I see a lot of them wear on the center as opposed to the shoulders like most modern tires. I think you just have to not drive them too far into the spring and you'll be ok, but life happens and sometimes that's hard to avoid.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Discount Tire had 31 psi in each one, as I just brought the rims to them to mount the tires. I bumped it up to 40. Figure when the temp drops, they'll lose probably just the right amount of pressure. I think they call for 44psi max.

Or maybe I'll play around with them, see what psi they perform best at.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Working...
                  X