• Show
Clear All

My Tudor production report from 1986

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-14-2014 12;51;46 PM  Ford Build Sheet.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1302737

2 door wagon? Sweet! Reminds me of the old Chevy Vegas.... hahaha.

On a more serious note, that's pretty cool you've got both normal windows AND vent windows. Only seen ONE box in person with that setup, and it was an '88 GMGS. Must not have been a very popular option....?
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Yea, when I saw 2 door wagon I laughed, guess even computers make mistakes I had no idea vent windows were not standard on box cars? As you can see very few Tudors were produced, bet that is why Ford killed Tudors in 1987:-( I really love this car!......you know it does need some body work and paint/roof........but for a car that sits on the street in NYC, I may put that off till I leave the state......now, I can drive with no paranoia of damage
      Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
      2 door wagon? Sweet! Reminds me of the old Chevy Vegas.... hahaha.

On a more serious note, that's pretty cool you've got both normal windows AND vent windows. Only seen ONE box in person with that setup, and it was an '88 GMGS. Must not have been a very popular option....?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0077.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1276715

Comment

My '87 tudor has vent windows, love 'em at 55

Comment

Vent windows and shorts in summer. Aims the breeze up one leg and out the other. Great ventilaction!
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

It was an option, and a good one. Lincolns got those cool looking drop vents, but functionally they suck balls compared to a real wing vent.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the drop vents are great for smokers to drop ash... that's about it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X