Keyless entry keypad on doors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless entry keypad on doors...

Picked the car up used (1999 Grand Marquis). Previous owner did not write the factory code anywhere in the manual so I'm SOL.

Anyway I can get the factory code for the car or program my own code without it?

Also, the car did not come with any key FOBs. I assume, since it has the keypad on the doors, that the car does have keyless entry, correct? If so, what is the part# for the FOB I need?

Welcome!

I can only speak for my 2000 MGM. They were more-or-less the same from 98-02, but between idiosyncrasies over the years and differences in features, there's no guarantee that yours would be the same.

My factory keyless entry code is on a sticker on the driver's side trunk hinge. The manual says you need that one to reprogram it. It's supposed to be a permanent code, so in theory it should work even if someone set their own code.

My keyless entry fobs have part # F8AB-15K601-AA. When I checked at https://www.fordparts.com/ it actually came up with five different versions of 15K601 depending on features.

The manual should cover almost everything else you need. You can get a handy PDF manual at http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...rand%20Marquis

Enjoy!

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

It also should have the code on the module inside the door.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
      1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
      88 CVLX
      01 Marquis

Comment

They are right.
        The code is on a sticker on the under side of the trunk lid
        And on the module thats on the drivers door, you'll have to remove the door panel to get to it.

Comment

The sticker was on the trunk hinge, thankfully. Thanks guys!
          Now to find a proper FOB & see if it works!

Comment

Working...
          X