LOUD clicking noise when closing drivers side door on 1994 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOUD clicking noise when closing drivers side door on 1994 Grand Marquis

VERY suddenly, this has started to happen. There is a very distinct and LOUD "click" noise when I close my drivers door on my 1994 GMQ. It does not do it when opening it. The noise sounds like it's coming from the bottom hinge (the one with the wheel). I have lubricated everything to do with both hinges to no avail. This just started today, and the has not been thrown open or anything of that nature. Here is a video:

What in the world could this be?

check the spring plate that the wheel rides on. If it's beginning to separate or the bolt is a little loose, it might do this. also, try rolling the roller half way around and see if it does it any more. There may be a notch in the roller.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

+1 on what Sly said Aldo Sounds like a hinge pin is missing my 90 made the same noise and that was why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 notch in the roller. Like Sly said, spin it around until you find a spot that doesn't do it, and smear a glob of grease on it.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Well what do you know, that was it. I spun the wheel around, no more noise. Thanks guys!!!!!!

Comment

heh... yeah... mine have axle grease inside the wheels now. They don't make noise for squat... of course now the door bounces back past it sometimes cause I gave the same treatment to the hinges too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X