1997 Ford Crown Victoria GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Ford Crown Victoria GS?

So I am looking at this car (just the pictures) and I am wondering what I should expect (problems) from this car. It has 241,321 miles on the odometer. I know I have to go out there and look at it in person. It might run good there, but after I get it home, it might be a different story. Thank you for any input you can give me!

Packman

Bullshit intake for one thing.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
      Bullshit intake for one thing.....
      If it's still the stock intake, expect to find cracking and if there are none; expect to have it happen; unless it's been replaced.

Comment

At 241k, I expect the suspension to be trashed.
        Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
        Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
        Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
        Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Originally posted by LithiumCobalt View Post
          At 241k, I expect the suspension to be trashed.
          Not a problem for me. I can just replace what needs replacing and when the time comes, take the rear diff and swap the rear discs over to the '86 CV. Just need this car to cover the time that the '86 is down.

Packman

Comment

There are two ways of looking at this.
            If the car was owned by some one that cares, everything or at least most things have been replaced by now.
            And the car is well maintained and ready for you.
            On the other hand if it belonged to some one that changed the oil once a year whether it needed it or not.
            Then it's probably going to be a money pit as you have to do what should have been done long ago.
            You need to look this car over carefully before you buy it.

Comment

Agree X 2 Does the car have any maintenance records ?

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
              There are two ways of looking at this.
              If the car was owned by some one that cares, everything or at least most things have been replaced by now.
              And the car is well maintained and ready for you.
              On the other hand if it belonged to some one that changed the oil once a year whether it needed it or not.
              Then it's probably going to be a money pit as you have to do what should have been done long ago.
              You need to look this car over carefully before you buy it.

Comment

Mercury used GS and LS trim levels. Ford used LX for the luxury trim level.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                X