Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Your '92 CV/GM or '90-92 TC Need A Wiper Arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Your '92 CV/GM or '90-92 TC Need A Wiper Arm?

I will start off saying I know we have a master parts list in PDF form, but I found an issue for anyone with a 1992 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis or 1990-1992 Town Car (some early build 1993s may also have the same dilemma). The part number for the Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis rarely, if at all, returns a anymore.

These years use the pin arms vs. the more typical j-hook setup. Now these years can have their arms swapped to use the j-hooks found on '93-'02s, however, if you decide that you want to have this type (like myself, long story) or need a replacement and feel comfortable not swapping up and continuing to use the pin arms, these are your part numbers:
    F2VY-17527-A - Driver
    F2VY-17526-A - Passenger

Why list this? Searching for a 1992 wiper arm for a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis will return arms for the 1979-1991 models! Dorman turns up the most listings for these cars claiming they will work. Obviously they won't as the setup changed between body styles. To circumvent that, look for 1990-1993 Town Cars (where the part number came from). They used the same arm as the Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis for those years, so you can get the aftermarket or NOS pin arms if you so desire. It would seem it might be harder to find the passenger arm than the driver arm in this case, but you still usually can.

I had to do some research to find a driver side arm replacement for my car using this style arm, and decided I should pass on this info since it might be a little obscure and I certainly don't want anyone ordering the wrong part because it claimed to be usable on your car.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Good info. I was looking for a new drivers side one for my '92 a couple years ago, and I too ran into the problem where a search only pulls up an arm for a box.
    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I hate those pins. The Grand Marquis got the j hook arms a little while after I got it after the wipers kept falling off. I've seen up to 02 grand marquis that still use those pins.

Comment

My '87 GM has the pins and the '95 has the "J" hook. No issues with either one losing blades.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          I hate those pins. The Grand Marquis got the j hook arms a little while after I got it after the wipers kept falling off. I've seen up to 02 grand marquis that still use those pins.
          That's why I said those looking have the option to switch up to the j-hooks. I've never had a blade fall off, though. I know some people will scream bloody murder about the pins.

I've got them figured out pretty good these days since I've been using them on my car. I swapped to them after many failed attempts to solve a skip issue on the driver's side using j-hooks, and finally found these to have worked the best, it's just that a 23 year old used part does go the way of other things and wears out, so I needed a replacement and it was a bear to find the right one.

My Cars:
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Got the same "skip" issue on the driver's side with J hooks on my '95!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Got the same "skip" issue on the driver's side with J hooks on my '95!
              You might want to bend the arm a tad towards the windshield until it feels like there's sufficient pressure holding the blade against the windshield. I did that until the arm couldn't be adjusted without hitting the hood's cowl, so I got a used replacement. Now it's just time for a new one.

My Cars:

Comment

Some of it has to do with cheap blades. I've had J hook blades come loose when it was some cheap POS with a lousy latch. Same with pins. The two Chevies here use pins, the Lincolns are J hook. I have no particular preference.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                  You might want to bend the arm a tad towards the windshield until it feels like there's sufficient pressure holding the blade against the windshield. I did that until the arm couldn't be adjusted without hitting the hood's cowl, so I got a used replacement. Now it's just time for a new one.
                  That's what I did - just a tad at a time but I think it needs a tad more.

Comment

Working...
                  X