Anabelle - My 89 Townie HO convo progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anabelle - My 89 Townie HO convo progress

Here as some pictures of the rebuild. I am doing 1/2 the HO conversion as I am 17 and lack funds, tools, expertise to do the whole thing. Rebuilt Mustang heads, upper intake, throttle body, EGR spacer, headers, h-pipe, flowmaster 40's. Later on I'll add some 3.73's and some 1.7 RR for some more power.

1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Nice job!!!

Keep us updated!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I will man!! I still have to figure out what exactly I'm going to do with the exhaust. I am currently waiting on the new lower intake . After I get that and I mail off my throttle bodies and EGR spacer to Scott for their adjustments, should be close to gettin done. I cant wait to drive this thing
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Nice work man! Ya it is hard to do things for your car with a 17 year budget. (I know)
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

you have a digital dash and a tripminder!!!

Good job. Sucks working with no budget. been there done that.

What model President is that? Looks like an AM only rig.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice townie! Good luck on the results - it will be interesting to see what the no-cam HO swap will net in power gains.
            The HO towncar master himself is only a couple hours away, if you need help getting that cam in later
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yes I am eager to see how it will perform, and I will get it dynoed once its running right.

Comment

There is a guy on here with an E7 lopo. I want to say Matthew but I won't swear to that. I think he had to fiddle with the fuel pressure to get it running right, but I don't remember if it ended up with 14 lb injectors and the pressure set high, or 19 lb injectors with the pressure set low.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar
                  I will man!! I still have to figure out what exactly I'm going to do with the exhaust. I am currently waiting on the new lower intake . After I get that and I mail off my throttle bodies and EGR spacer to Scott for their adjustments, should be close to gettin done. I cant wait to drive this thing
                  i can give you some hints on the exhaust when you are ready........do you have the mustang h pipe yet? my way it's around 200 bucks tops in parts for the h pipe back duals........you could also do like gadget did with his stock cats.......leaks a tiny bit, but it works lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

gadget73, thats the first time I've heard anything about the pressure having to be set to run right :drug: I guess we'll see how it runs with the 14's

Comment

Some more updated pictures

My garage's ventilation system :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

That's a nice towny mang, good work so far it looks great.
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                            X