Smoothie rims and a j-mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoothie rims and a j-mod.

I cant seem to find anywhere that sells chrome smoothie rims in canada (or that will ship to canada) that will fit my 2001 MGM LS, can anyone help? second question... whats a j-mod? i cant seem to find the thread on it.

Here is a good mod write up. http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny...business.shtml
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

No idea about the rims. A J-MOD is basically a do-it-yourself shift kit process that results in firmer/faster shifts that reduce friction and heat. Here's a video:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...o-s-Jmod-video

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I really gotta find someone to do a J-mod on my car..even though it looks simple..im still not very comfortable doing it lol

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
        1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Have you tried American racing company? They make a smoothie rim

Comment

I have a BCA separator plate that will pretty much accomplish the same task that a JMOD will. You will still need to remove your valve body, though.

Comment

Where do you live? Any automotive accessory store will be able to order an aftermarket rim (ie: American Racing) for you provided there is stock of them. The catch being stock. I tried ordering some American Racing Wagon Wheels before winter (15x8) and only 1 was available in Canada.

Alex.

Comment

Also check eBay I just saw a bunch in there bro

Comment

I will be ordering a set of Cragar soft 8's shortly, reason being 90% of manufacturers who make smoothie's only make them up to a 15 inch. found a few manufacturers (centrelinewheels) who have amazing options and would be my first choice but by the time a set of smoothies came to my door, they would be 400$ a rim. As for ebay .... i dont trust em. Thankyou for the help though!

Comment

Originally posted by pipes1 View Post
                    I will be ordering a set of Cragar soft 8's shortly, reason being 90% of manufacturers who make smoothie's only make them up to a 15 inch. found a few manufacturers (centrelinewheels) who have amazing options and would be my first choice but by the time a set of smoothies came to my door, they would be 400$ a rim. As for ebay .... i dont trust em. Thankyou for the help though!
                    Welcome. And I've had no issues ever with eBay . But your choice my friend.

Comment

Since he is in Canada, ebay + heavy items = more than the cost of buying new from a local store because shipping costs are an absolute bitch up here.

Alex.

Comment

^ what he said. the only reason I chose the cragars over others is because they're from a local dealer.

Comment

Since summer is approaching, time to make the rounds around the speed shops in your area and see if any stock at the warehouses have built up yet. Seems anymore they only order a few of everything, and once its gone it gone until the next big shipment comes along.

Arm yourself with the correct Crager number (or other wheel) and visit Crappy Tire. They may warehouse wheels themselves and have what you want.

Alex.

Comment

Query: I like the looks of smoothie rims but it seems they'd block airflow and thus cooling to disc brakes. True? Would it make any practical difference in ordinary driving?

Donald McCaig

Comment

Originally posted by dmccaig View Post
                              Query: I like the looks of smoothie rims but it seems they'd block airflow and thus cooling to disc brakes. True? Would it make any practical difference in ordinary driving?

Donald McCaig
                              For daily driving, it really doesn't affect anything. Maybe if you take the car on the track regularly, you should avoid them...but aside from that, the airflow from behind the wheel should be more than enough.

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                              X