Fuel fill safety cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel fill safety cut off

I have an 07 GMQ. The safety switch when I fill up with fuel is too sensitive. It cuts off too easily to where I have to hold the nozzle up about an inch when filling up.

I think it has to do with sensing vapors or something but I was hoping you guys knew what the actual mechanism is that I need to clean or replace.

I recall this sort of thing coming up in a thread within the past several months. The consensus seemed to be that it's an innate problem and that you just have to fiddle around with the position and flow rate. If it's something that just showed up suddenly, then there might be another issue, but that would be beyond me.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Yep. Every panther I've ever owned has been really touchy about the auto cutoff while filling up. Best position I've found is halfway in and turned about 45 degrees. YMMV. (I'm sure there's a "that's what she said" joke in there. )

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
      X