MGM FRONT fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM FRONT fenders

I'm looking to replace my front fenders with ones which do not have any rust on them, and have located a set for a 2002 model, Will they fit on my 01? Also, are they bolt on or will i have to do some grinding and welding?
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

They will fit. There are spot welds to deal with along with the bolts. New fender can just be bolted on though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

92-02 will fit. However, 92-94ish will have the hole on the passenger one for the antenna.
      Last edited by HiFiMerc; 04-06-2015, 03:32 PM.
      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

98-02 will fit without changing the header panel.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Hmmm. What's different about them that requires the header panel change? I was always under the impression that they were interchangeable.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Blinkers, bumper cover, how they line up with the fender. You can swap the entire front end, but aero's and whales are just enough different that it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Blinkers, bumper cover, how they line up with the fender. You can swap the entire front end, but aero's and whales are just enough different that it won't work.
              They are the same. The only difference about Aero fenders and Whale fenders is pass side antenna hole and mounts for hood struts are in different spots.

Comment

really? next time I'm at the yard, I'll need to pull an aero blinker and fit it on a whale.

Comment

You can put it on a Whale. You will end up with a gap on top where chrome trim went on an Aero but it will fit otherwise.

Comment

I c

Comment

I hope I'm not too late, but I would recommend spraying a crapload of rust inhibitor on the inside to coat the wheel well lip seam.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                      X