Trans cooler thread into transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans cooler thread into transmission?

What is the thread to connect the trans cooler lines to the transmission?
    I am replacing the lines(shoulda done it last year when I have the engine out but...) and need to get the parts together.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

The actual hole in the side of the transmission I believe is 1/4" NPT. The trans lines are possibly 2 different things though. Earlier stuff used a quick connect fitting that goes straight into the trans. Later stuff uses a 1/4" NPT to 5/16" flare fitting that screws into the trans, and the lines themselves are a 5/16" flare that screws into the adapter. I *think* your 89 should be the flared lines, but don't hold me to that.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I dropped the pan today so this would all go easier, how much has to go back in 6 or so quarts?
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

just the pan, probably closer to 8 but start with 6 and see what that gets you.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X