ECU location in Lincoln Mark VII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU location in Lincoln Mark VII?

I saw a Lincoln Mark VII at the junk yard last weekend, but didn't have a chance to really dig into it. I was gonna grab the ECU out of it to set aside for a HO conversion in my box Grand Marquis. However, before I head out there can someone point out to me where the ECU is hidden in the Mark VII? For example, in my 91 Civic it was on the passenger footwell against the firewall.

Thanks!

It's behind the pass. side kick panel.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Bring some patience with you, it can be a real pain in the ass to get.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

there is a little plastic bracket up in the corner that retains it. Once thats out, you can almost get to the wiring harness to unbolt it. Whatever sadist decided to put it there should be forced to change a few hundred of them.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was gonna go grab it on my lunch break when I work from home next, but I guess I'll set aside a Saturday for it instead lol Thanks for the warnings. The Hondas I've built all had it in the kick panel on the body or on teh floor (depending on year). Those was just a matter of.

1. Pull back carpet.
            2. Unbolt three 10 mm bolts.
            3. Unplug.

I made many a dollar snagging them and reselling online a couple summers straight

Comment

Working...
            X