Acceleration Catches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acceleration Catches?

So it's been a while since I have last posted. I have fixed most of the major problems in the car and it's been mostly a good year (besides maybe having to have the brake lines replaced this past winter season.

To start off my car has had the following repairs done. I state this because I know that they will be in question on how to troubleshoot the car's problem.
    • Spark plugs and wire replaced
    • Throttle arm checked and I believe might have been replaced when we were last at the shop
    • A few sensors (EGR and I can't remember what else, I'll have to look at my notes)
    • Pretty much most of what we checked the last two years was due to the car stalling when idling

On to the problem. I have had it happen at really any speeds (between 30-75mph) but while I am driving, I give it gas to accelerate. As I press down on the pedal like I normally do it revs up but no accelerate. I release the pedal and then I try again and it seems to work then. But it kind of is a hit and miss. Some days it doesn't come up but other days it can happen anywhere between 2-5 times while driving to work or around.

We checked since seeing the problem the follow though...
    • Tightened the spark plugs
    • Cleaned the air filter (because hey, it was getting dirty and we probably hadn't looked at it since 130k miles or so).

That is about all that we have looked into so far. Any info or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
    93 Mercury Grand Marquis "Lola" 150k+ miles

Check the transmission fluid level. if it's low, it'll act stupid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X