This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearend shite

Anyone know howmuch a 9" Quickchange is?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

alot hehe..........what are you planning on building? the 8.8 in the panther chassis cars is an excellent unit........it can take lots of punishment
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I agree with scott.

The 8.8 can be built to withstand a big block, or a huffed small block. So why change?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

FUll blown 460
        This will chew up and spit out that stocker. Dosen't have to be a QC, just a good solid (and New)9"

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

about $1000
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

...shrieks, jumps up and gets nailed by low hanging ceiling fan on high. Picks self up off floor after a 5min trip to lala land and starts calling local junkyards...oops it sunday...they all closed to go give cash to the preacher...

Comment

If you think that $1000 is expensive for a complete 9" bolt in for your car, then you need to rethink your project plans.
              What are your performance goals?

Comment

you want to build a full blown 460 and not spend $1000 on a rear end?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                  If you think that $1000 is expensive for a complete 9" bolt in for your car, then you need to rethink your project plans.
                  What are your performance goals?
                  I don't even like this loser I am quoting, but I wholeheartedly agree with him....try $2000+...for a built 9", and that is minus any decent options....you can make a 8.8 live behind a 460, but Iwould recommend some beefing....an aftermarket differential, a T/A performance aluminum diff cover to preload the ring gear caps( I broke one set on one CV I had modified with a obviously not stock 351W)....more suggested....

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSlappingPirate
                    I don't even like this loser I am quoting,
                    Let's not pussy foot around this any more............Fuck You Very Much!!
                    Get over it!!!!!!!!

Enough with being a dickhead!

This is a tech board.........let's stick to tech. Put your bullshit aside, and let's get on with it.

Teh Battlefield is where this pissing belongs.

Comment

Agreed.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Woah, woah, woah! I had no idea that this would get this crap started. OK my performce goals are for a 9 or 10 second GM. Not to mention a spread in Summit Racing cat!

Comment

Start with putting your car on a diet, building your 9" and the rest of your chassis along with installing your 6 point cage. When your chassis is done, weigh your car, and then move on from there. This will give you your needs for what power level you should build to in order to reach your goals. You might have to look at a mini-tub to fit a large enough tire under your car. Alot of weight there to run a low 10 or high 9. You might want to look at coil overs and ladder bars if you are going to get serious.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSlappingPirate
                            I don't even like this loser I am quoting,
                            Let's not pussy foot around this any more............Fuck You Very Much!!
                            Get over it!!!!!!!!

Enough with being a dickhead!

This is a tech board.........let's stick to tech. Put your bullshit aside, and let's get on with it.

Teh Battlefield is where this pissing belongs.

What exactly am I supposed to get over? That you are a weenie?
                            Okay, I accept the fact that your real name is actually 'Mercracer', and I am now focusing on tech in this section. I have learned my lesson.....

Comment

Start with putting your car on a diet, building your 9" and the rest of your chassis along with installing your 6 point cage. When your chassis is done, weigh your car, and then move on from there. This will give you your needs for what power level you should build to in order to reach your goals. You might have to look at a mini-tub to fit a large enough tire under your car. Alot of weight there to run a low 10 or high 9. You might want to look at coil overs and ladder bars if you are going to get serious.
                              Mercracer has a point.....something else to take into consideration is aerodynamic drag caused by the nose....it is going to be pushing a BIG hole n the air....requiring a rather large powerplant....N/A, 557 cubes and up....this car is going to get rather expensive......more later....

Comment

Working...
                              X