Some minor Cosmetic Ideas (89 box)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some minor Cosmetic Ideas (89 box)

Ok, so I'm gonna go get some grills from the junk yard and paint them different blacks see which one I like. I have an idea of a good paint to use, I think it will look good. Any suggestions on paint would also be helpful

I want to get dual police spot lights. Help for installing them and which ones to get for an 89 vic would be helpful.

And then I want to go with strobes and such and a CB atenna ont he back to go with the theme. Be nice to take it to the car shows like that.

When all the cosmetic work is done (Sometime after the motor) I want it to look like an old under cover cop car, modern style. No chrome except around the window, black out grill, no vinyl, with a little extra something like maybe some 347 stroker badgers and such on the fenders.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

sounds pretty bad ass

Comment

Black is beautiful.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Ok so um... can I use any old Crown Vic police spot light (from say a 2001 or anyt other year) or do I need the right era? How can I install them good?
        1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
        -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
        Supermotors

Comment

that is a good question i have no answer for you.. you should ask trwp72 He is into that stuff.

Comment

I suggest you have a pro install teh spots. Easy to bust the windsheild doin those. Someone on cvn did it... :drug:
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

92+ Crown Vics have a cutout in the A-pillars area right next to the winshield for the spotlight shaft to go through, the shaft attaches to the pillar on the inside. Impalas and some Caprices are just the opposite, the mounting bracket for the shaft attaches to the outside of the A-pillar (and is nice and chrome) so you should only need to drill several holes (and not do a cutout). When looking for spot lights, look for that second type.
              Last edited by ; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X