My '91 Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '91 Crown Victoria

My second car, but the first one I paid for completely on my own. It's the typical "little old lady's" car. It was owned by an elderly couple, who owned three vehicles. This Crown Vic was always owned by adults, and never really beat on from what I was told.

The odometer stopped working before I purchased the car. It is believed to have around 130k on the body itself, but the motor was taken out at some point, and completely rebuilt. Cooincidentally, the motor was rebuilt by the automotive class at my high school.

So for a mere $900, I walked away with one hell of a car. It had a faulty air pump, so the buzzing noise was irritating, but it didn't matter, becuase it was MINE.

So time goes by, and one day, I start it, and it's idle is VERY poor. Real choppy, and dark grey smoke shoots out of the tail pipe. Took it to Middletown Ford, a local dealership, and had a diagnostic done. The results weren't pretty. They wanted $1100 to fix my $900 car. This wasn;t looking good.

Took it to a smaller place, got the important stuff done to get it reliable, and it only costed $380. I later called in a favor from my dad, and he was able to change the air pump for me while I was at work one day,

I recently got duels, with glasspacks. I havn't broke 'em in yet, but I look forward to it.

Future plans include a new head unit with free speakers courtesy of my uncle, and some new wheels when funds allow it.

You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

nice
    Originally posted by GMGT
    you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

That thing is in pretty nice shape. And those air pumps suck ass. So what did they determine was wrong with it causing it to idle all crappy?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice Vic, mang...real nice.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Nice vic... Loving the absense of whitewalls...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

enjoy
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
            X