Chrome/stainless steel cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome/stainless steel cleaner

Well, my "waggin" has a good deal of chrome on it, and it is a little dull. I bought some chrome polish for it and tried that out, but it made no difference. Just so I don't sound like a fool the polish was also for stainless steel, brass, ect. It was pretty much for de-tarnishing things. But what is the best product out there to clean chrome/stainless steel? Thanks guys!
    I have a big WOODY
    [img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2112000-2112999/2112976_15_full.jpg[img]

mothers or turtle wax works good for chrome - maybe some aluminum wheel polish for the stainless.
    Ive heard a light wetsand works wonders - ont the plasti-chrome stainless stuff
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

To clean chrome i use this stuff called Brasso (its clear but after you wipe it off you see all the bad stuff come off the chrome it comes off like a brown if its dirty) after i clean it up with that stuff i just use whatever wax i have laying around (usually either meguires or turtle wax)
      1999 CVPI
      Old Rides
      1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
      1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

I always use eagle ones Never Dull. It is a silver can that has cotton wadding in it that is soaked in the cleaner.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I got a can of that for the bumpers on my wagon. I haven't tried it yet...figured it wouldn't work that well in the freezing cold. :cuss:
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
            I always use eagle ones Never Dull. It is a silver can that has cotton wadding in it that is soaked in the cleaner.
            Been using NeverDull since before Eagle One bought them out. It's really good for tarnish and rust removal. With some time you can clean off a pretty rusted piece of chrome and it will look like new again. However, to return your luster and reflection back to full effect. After using the NeverDull, use some Black Magic Wet Shine Detail Spray. I could not believ how much this did for chrome. Trust me it works.

Comment

Working...
            X