Radio problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio problem

Not sure if this is the right section. But recently i put a aftermarket cd player in my marq. And now 75% of the time i got the friggin alternator/engine whine in my speakers. im sure some of you have ran across this.

Is this a bad ground in the wiring for the radio or what causes this?
    1999 CVPI
    Old Rides
    1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
    1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

when you installed the cd-player, did you run your own ground, or did you use the factory ground?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

used the factory ground
      1999 CVPI
      Old Rides
      1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
      1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Run your own ground that ends close to the head unit. And also, I would recomend a ground loop isolator. Can be found at RadioShack for pretty cheap. I have two, one on my head unit and one in between the RCA wires and my amp.

Comment

Def what he said about running your own ground. If that doesn't do it, add the loop isolator but a good ground should probably take care of it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't mean to give you the impression you have to get the ground loop isolators to stop the problem. Mine was clean without them. But with my "sesitivity" I did notice a sharper high note with the isolators.

Comment

Working...
            X