block heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block heater

Are you supposed to be able to hear the block heater when it is plugged in? The block heaters in both GM's have an audible "sizzle/hiss", but when I plugged the Cougar in I couldn't hear anything.

Just in case, what does it take to replace a block heater?

you have block heaters in your cars? Factory optioned? Neat.

I'd not figure you should hear anything, its just an electric heating element. Should be silent, tho if they work like the ones on a diesel, you'll know its working because you won't need to clear snow off the hood of the car. My friends Mercedes 280D would stay warm enough to melt anything that landed on it from the windshield forward. No clue how you'd replace one, if its even possible. Might have to go with a dipstick tube heater.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

To run a block heater one needs a 110V power outlet near the car, right?

Comment

WTF? You have block heaters? Sweet!
        Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Working...
        X