Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Fitment

Hi folks,

I've read the whole wheel fit/interchange guide already. This thread is about applying that knowledge to a specific case:

Check out this ad.

These rims look like the are from a 1998-02. As such, they should fit and work with my 1997 Crown Vic.

Upon contacting the poster of the ad, I was informed that they were mounted on a 2003 MGM.

So...

Did they make wheels of this style for the 03+ Panthers? Or did they have the wrong wheels mounted on their late model whale?

I'm only curious because if they are the ones who made the mistake then I want to buy them for my Crown Vic. However, I don't want to take them home only to find that I have the wrong rims.

I leave it to the mangs and lady mangs of this forum to guide me.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Those are 98-02 wheels. They'll physically bolt on a 03+, but the front tires will stick past the fenders.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

All of the stock aluminum wheels have size and offset on the back of them, see if you can get the seller to look for you or take a picture of the numbers. It should say something like 16x7 +30 being the size then the offset.
      On wheels with spokes these numbers would be cast into the back of one spoke, that is how they are on my Cobra wheels and Sport wheels, on the GT500 wheels the numbers were engraved on the inside of the hoop.
      Cobra wheels say 17x8 +30
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

All this is good info! Thanks guys!

Only problem for me is I'm heading out of town for a little while and won't be able to check on these until I get back. Hopefully no one gobbles them up!
        ************************************************** ******************************
        1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
        1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
        http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Working...
        X