Turbine cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbine cleaning

tomorrow, i'm going to take a wire brush and a bottle of simple green to my turbines. since i won't have the money to do a torque converter and wheels and tires for spring, i'm going to clean em up. Petes car looks great with cooper cobras and turbines so i can deal with em. i'd rather get my torque converter and shift kit, then focus on wheels.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

I used acid. Got most of the crap off, it would work very well if they had been taken care of at any point of their existance, but theyre beyond being saved, unless I strip and repaint them. Acid made them look 100 times better though. Forget exactly what kind of acid though. It's strong, made me cough a little. I had to hold my breath. Simple green and a brush should work good too. Just might take a little longer.

Comment

well, they look semi-decent. no way will they ever look new. the person or persons that owned the car before i did must of never taken care of em. i started bout 1oclock and i just finished about 10 minutes ago. from a good distance they look pretty cool. i'll try to get pics later in the week.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I found a brush that was real thin and perfect to get in between the spokes... worked good.

I just use bleach white on the wheels too, works pretty good. That stuff make me cough too, same as purple power... maybe they are acidic??

Turbines and white letters look awesome, the batmobile, super unknown, jeremys 2dr and now cogs (halfway) and they all look saweeeeet!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Bleach-white contains acid, like in wheel cleaner.

Good stuff, it is...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

muriatic acid also known as hydrochloric cleans great and makes you cough
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

castrol super clean takes off grunge and brakedust too.......just dont leave it on long, just like the acid cleaners........cogs works at a dealer, he has access to the good shit. hey get me a can of the bug and tar solvent sometime
              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Scotts prob talking about the red degreaser.

That shit is heavy duty!!!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
                  Turbines and white letters look awesome, the batmobile, super unknown, jeremys 2dr and now cogs (halfway) and they all look saweeeeet!
                  Heck Yeah baby!! :jammin: :ccol2: :rock: :banana: :jumpin: :drummer: :elephant: :juggies: :hippy: :broccoli:
                  (I just love these smilies )
                  Paul

1996 Crown Vic P71 (former Arkansas State Police cruiser) (aka: The Batcruiser) 267,000mi
                  1986 Crown Vic LX (aka: The Batmobile) 265,000mi (sold to a family in need, 11-23-09)
                  2001 B4C Camaro (former Arkansas State Police Pursuit Vehicle) Sold- May 2008

Comment

Working...
                  X