Paint on the '84!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint on the '84!!!

My '84 goes in for paint on Monday!!! It will be painted Ford Oxford White... The original color. I am going to spend all weekend getting all the trim and everything off the car, and probably wet sand it too.... (Especially all the little edges) just to get it really ready for the paint shop... I can't wait to get it back! A friend of mine is doing the paint, at his shop, for the cost of the paint and supplies... So the total cost will be under $300.00 hopefully.... The body is in pretty good shape.. one dent on the front fender on top, one on the side, (both only about 2 inches) and a crease on the back quarter panel (14 inches or so) down near the bottom... but he is REALLY good at removing dents.... (With little or NO filler!) Soon as I get it back, I'll post some photos!!!

I decided to get it painted now, while my friend wasn't busy.. bacause soon all the cars from the hurricane damage will start coming in... then he will be swamped....
    Exhaust will be next, after I get it back from paint... then a complete brake overhaul... they work.. but not up to MY standards!!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

:headbang:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

cool! a new paintjob always makes a car look spiffy..........if you want awesome stopping power tom, get a rear axle from a 84-92 mark7,(rear disc brakes) and the front brakes from the same years mark 7........only issue is you will need 5 lug wheels, but stopping will be greatly improved
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
      X