Latest pictures of my 1984 LTD....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest pictures of my 1984 LTD....

Here are the latest pictures.. the door and fender decals are supposed to be done Tommorow...

I'm installing the radios, sirens, and switches right now... Then the interior will be finished...

Here are some pictures of what I did Monday...

I found some really nice wire at West Marine.. two conductor 10 gauge... sort of like house type wiring, in a white outer case... So I put it in some shrink wrap to make it black like I wanted...

Here is how it will look when being driven on the road... I have an extra pair of clear lenses to put on the lights...

Seats are out right now while I FINNALLY get to wire the car... Took me about two hours today just to make up the light bar pigtail... NOTHING went right!!! Hopefully tommorow will be better!

here is the proof the guy at the decal shop e-mailed me... local shop is doing it... $85.00 for the two door decals, $15.00 for the fender strips and trunk lid strip... (They will be about 18 inches long, and say "Constables Department, and match the door decals) all are on magnetics, so they can be removed after car shows... (Local sign shop is doing them, they did the decals for my '91)

Wednesday....
    Installing the radios, test fitting the radar on the dash... wanted to make sure it all fit..

I am going to put the shotgun rack in tommorow.. hook up all the wiring and mount the console...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Awesome work!!!

Before I leave, we shall hit up the Show and shine!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Man that car sure has come a long way since you bought it. VERY nice work.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

does that radar gun actually work? it's a stupid question but i had to ask
        Originally posted by GMGT
        you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

That radar is the real deal, mang..

A gulf breeze police officer could come get that from him, and use it...

Comment

nice where can i get mine??????
            Originally posted by GMGT
            you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

CVN...
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yeah, i'm sure one of those DaYuM kiddies would love to get rid of a spare!!

Comment

The radar not only works, but it is certified also... It is however over 20 years old... serial number #000013... The radar company I bought it from went thru it and then certified it, since it was going in a show car.... He wanted to make sure it looked good.... He specializes in older radars just for restorations etc, beside doing them for the P.D.'s.... Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Very cool car,i don't see to many LTD's like that around anymore.Wether it be a civi model or a police model.Vey good work

Any motor pics ?

\'91 P72 Ford Crown Victoria 5.0L

Comment

Here is the picture of under the hood... the last owner did $1200.00 worth of machine work alone when he rebuilt the engine... he bored it .40 over, and alot of head work... he just never detailed the engine area when he put it all back together, as it was going to be a driver... not a show car!

My next project is under the hood... as soon as I get the interior back together! It took me almost a year just to find the right fan shroud for it.. and some other under hood parts.... Tom...

Comment

You should have Pete, teh CFI masta come rejuvinate the looks of your underhood

Of course, He may steal your aircleaner

Comment

The car looks great. Wish I had your ambition.

Comment

picture.....

Here is the latest picture.... WAS going to try to mount the antenna on the top of the quarter panel next to the trunk lid today... but some moron must have used a hole saw to remove the old antenna... as the hole that was there after I knocked out the bondo plug is just a tad bit bigger than the friggen antenna mount! So now I have to try to find two really thin washers, (sort of like two thin thrust washers) the size of the antenna mount, to sandwich above and below the opening.. so I can mount the antenna! If it isn't one thing, it is another! The guy that my friend sold this car to originally must have been an absolute idiot! (He repoed it, after he didn't pay him)

Pictures of the antenna problem soon!

Tom...

Comment

:bump:

More Pictures to come in a couple of days... been workin for the last four days.... 2 24 hours shifts, and 2 12 hour shifts.... Whew!!! be glad when I get off in the morning!!!! The wiring has been run... seats are going to go back in, as is the rest of the interior.... Then some final pictures of the interior!!!! Next.... the Engine compartment, and the trunk....

Tom....

Comment

Working...
                              X