Installing a CD player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a CD player.

Alright, I have one in the Maro I'd like to take out and put in the vic. I have it.. why not. I don't want to spend a lot of money brinign it to the shop to do it. So what do I need to do? I tried installing another CD player once, and found the wire harness is different and nothing matches up. What do I need to do?
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

You will have to run individual grouds wires for each speaker. Our cars come with a common ground setup (one ground for all the wpeakers). Other than that match up the positive from each speaker to the positive output on the ceriever, the same for the ground. And connect the power wires to the reciever power wires. This will mean cutting the factory connector off, or, splicing in the new connector. If you are unfamiliar with electrical stuff, get a diagram for the reciever plug and the Vic plug. Then, once you have run the indivivual ground you will have all the wires to solder in the new plug.

Comment

Eh? All you have to do it bypass the factory amp if you have one, get the plug kit, wire it to your radio and plug it in. Unless you wanna rewire the speakers n shit.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

That's if he has a factory amp.

Comment

Yea, and if not all he's gotta do is get the plug kit and wire it to the radio and plug it in.

I'm sure he's got the amp tho, I think it's an LX.
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

So are you saying that his vic is already wired independant ground?

Comment

That's all I did with my Vic, man. Just hook it up and go. Mine doesn't have premium sound with the amp.
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

What reciever are you using, because with my reciever, each speaker has it's own power and ground wire. And so to correctly install it, both wires from every speaker go to the reciever (or amp).

Comment

That's how mine is too. That's where the plug kit comes in. You hook up the 2 speaker wires for each to the same ones on the plug, and plug it in to the factory harness.
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
                    That's how mine is too. That's where the plug kit comes in. You hook up the 2 speaker wires for each to the same ones on the plug, and plug it in to the factory harness.
                    Ok, but my car factory only had one wire coming from each speaker.

Comment

For all I know, mine might too. lol....All I know is, it works.
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Yes mine is an LX. "Premium Sound".
                        -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Yes! useing the wire harness works, just not as good If you get a high power head unit for it, it wont sound as good as it could. I bet you a million bucks if you re-did your and ran speaker wire to each speaker it would sound much better!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'm just tired of having to use my portable CD player witht the tap deck thing. I have a radio.. no point putting it to waste. What wire harness? Got a link for one online?

4 Door Muscle
                            Supermotors

Comment

actually you should be able to pick one up a walmart, or Best Buy, www.bestbuy.com

or any place that sells head units.

Mine came free with the head unit, along with a install kit too from

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LzV88DjJgr0/retailstores/
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X