Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach

Ordered me a tach last night from summit.

And guess what. I got another free hat.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

O um... can I mount it on my steering columg with that mount? How would I do that?
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
      O um... can I mount it on my steering columg with that mount? How would I do that?
      Usually a big hose clamp
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Black zip ties.

4 Door Muscle
        Supermotors

Comment

That's a nice lookin' tach. What diameter is it? Price? Part number? Looks like something I'd put in the '88.

Comment

It's 2 1/2 Inch. 35 bux. Part # is EQU-6086.

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

Nice, I used big tie wraps and some double sided tape for mine. I have an ultra lite 2.5" Autometer tach...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

3M tape. Good call.

4 Door Muscle
                Supermotors

Comment

Uhm, why not just drill a small hole in the tach's mounting bracket's base and the column's plastic trim, then bolt together using a large-diameter washer on the column side?

Comment

Could do that. Always liked the way it looked on the steering column though.

4 Door Muscle
                    Supermotors

Comment

Same exact tach I have on my car. Mine was a carry-over from my VW. Had it so long the red stripe around the outside of the guage is faded to almost nothing on one side. Mine is hose clamped. I like it better than zip ties or sticky tape because if I have to remove it to get the dash trim off, I can simply loosen it and slide the tach out. No need to cut the wire ties or locate new tape.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's a good point. I'll keep some in the glovebox. :banana:

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
                          Could do that. Always liked the way it looked on the steering column though.
                          Damn, I'm an idiot, that's what I mean, the steering column trim, not the console - heck, those cars don't have a console! I'll edit the post so it actually makes sense

Comment

MMMM. Tach looks sweet. Pictures coming soon.

4 Door Muscle
                            Supermotors

Comment

I just used a giant hose clamp to hold the thing onto my column. I put it in front of the useless analog clock

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X