Wiring the car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring the car....

Well, today the weather was nice enough and I didn't have to do any work on the '91... (Brakes on the front yesterday!) So I started wiring the '84 up for the lights and sirens etc....
    Got the console mounted... (Yes, I finnally took the plunge and drilled some holes in the floor boards!!! It is REALLY hard to drill holes in a 21 year old car that has never been drilled on!) Anyway.. then came the fun part... Running the wire from the lightbar down the "B" pillar.... Of course.. it wouldn't just slide behind the plastic trim... ooohhh no!!! Had to take the friggen trim piece off... which of course meant taking the cage on that side of the car loose.... FUN!!!! NOT!!!! THEN putting it all back together after running the wire... (Less than a minute, after 45 minutes of taking the friggen cage lose!) Then another minute or so to run it under the carpet up to the console, using an old coat hanger to pull it up to the console.... Luckily, all of the trim and cage went back together really quick... hopefully that will be the LAST time I have to take THAT loose!!!

Pictures tommorow... got dark too quick today to get some....

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Can't wait to see
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
    X