my planned mods- what about yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my planned mods- what about yours?

most of my planned cosmetic mods are already done. so most of what remains is mechanical and audio.

for mechanical
    i want an aluminum driveshaft from a TC
    higher stall torgue converter with shift kit

HO conversion, along with 'stang shift governor

3ag conversion

cosmetic
    foglights custom mounted in bumper
    electric sunroof
    tinted windows
    ar 5-spoke wheels
    custom cowl-induction hood(if Justin can have a custom hood on on his TC with the vinyl roof, i can have one with my coach roof)

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

351W/Stang AOD/4.10

91 front clip, cowl hood, paint, and more interior/suspension mods...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

aluminium driveshaft. rebuilt aod with wide ratio, 98+ steering box, cowl hood, maf conversion, supercharger

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

have you picked up a front clip yet? before i send the Merc to the boneyard i plan on pulling some body parts for Shifty(unfortunately the interior sucks, and nothing really mechanical is left-motor seized i think from sitting, and the tranny is already dead). if you want(i'll have to clean it big time and you can paint it) i'll let ya have the header panel (and requisite pieces like bezels and shit) come spring, after the tranny install i could make a road trip that way you don't have to pay shipping. only thing is the filler panel has two holes from a bad foglight install on my uncles part, and the bumper is part of Shifty now. let me know

Comment

the filler panel?

and yes, id be interested...

Comment

91 front and rear, bigger brakes, trac loc rear with disks, remove vinyl top delete most chrome, custom bumper with foglights, custom rear 3rd brake light in the trunk lid(LED of course), side exhaust, flowmasters, built 302 or 351 with EFI with at least 350hp, custom black/grey 2 tone interior, probably more, all I can think of for now.

Comment

Oh yeah, I want to paint it dark blue metallic, like the new Marauders.

Comment

Tom, the filler panel between the header panel and the bumper. i think they went with that to streamline the look a bit.

Cogs, your prob. going to have to cut and weld to mount a rear panel from a 88-91 on there. reason i say that is whereas the older boxes like yours have that extension that houses the tailights, the 88-91's don't. they are part of the rear quarter panel. not saying it can't be done, but it'd be a whole shitload of work. that'd be awesome tho because you'd really throw people for a loop. anybody with half a brain about Cv's knows 87 was the last year for the coupe and the 88's debuted the rounded style.

Comment

Ill take it then. :carrot:

Comment

I'm pretty sure theyre the same, the tail light should just mount where the current filler panel is. If I have lots of time soon, I'll try it. I have some 89 tail lights lying around.

Comment

tom fly up here and drive tims 88gm home.......he'll sell it real cheap....theres all your swap parts and a car to drive during the engine boltup......just make the 88 an 85 hehe
                      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

damnit scott, ur tempting me, lol

Comment

are the lincoln seats that were cloth any comfier than the stock Fords? or should i just locate a grey leather set?

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                            damnit scott, ur tempting me, lol
                            DO IT DO IT!

Comment

yes my velour seats are more comfortable than a sofa and in decent shape yet for an 180,000 mi car....do it if you find a nice set.......the rear seats fit fine (proven on jeremys car) you need to use the cv gm tracks (towncar seat controls are in the door panels
                              scott

Comment

Working...
                              X