methinks i might have a blown headgasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

methinks i might have a blown headgasket

at the gas station tonite was checking my fluids, and my oil at the bottom of the dipstick looked almost like melted coffee ice cream mixed in with the oil. wtf. i don't smell anything funky. the motor doesn't smoke. i'm not blowing excessive smoke out my pipes, and the smoke that is there is whitish. its not bluish and its not black. i'm not burning anything. and normally, from my experience when the headgasket is going there is a massive loss in power.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Could be too much oil.

Comment

drain out the oil and see what you get.........the coolant will come out first if there is any in the crankcase
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Run the engine with the radiator cap off. Look for air bubbles. That is a sure sign that compression is leaking into the cooling system.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i bought some oil and a new filter tonite at work so tomorrow assuming its not raining, i'll change the oil. i didn't go cheap on the filter either.wallyworld sells motorcraft oil filters

Comment

also GL, while i'm warming the car up a bit tomorrow i'll check the coolant. thanks for the help everybody. i'll let you guys know the results

Comment

alrighty, changed the oil. as i was letting the car warm a bit before i changed the oil, i was watching the coolant and there were no bubbles. all the anti-freeze was doing was sitting there. all that came out of the pan was oil. no coolant. and the oil wasn't bubbling or anything. so that makes me feel a tad better. some of that crud tho was still on the dipstick tho even after i wiped it clean. i also noticed that same crap was on the inside of my oil cap

i'll be checking everyday now rather than when i gas up to see if the mystery crud returns. thanks guys!

Comment

evil: the supertech oil filters are decent.........they are made by champ (champ makes motorcraft filters too i believe) just stay clear of frams.......also put some marvel mystery oil in the crankcase to gently lift some of that crud in your engine
                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                X