Premium Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Sound

Would a 87 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 door LS have a premium sound system? I have the stock digital am/fm tape player in their now, but I can't tell if its a Premium Sound System or not. Also, what speakers are in the 2 doors? Thanks
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

6 1/2 in in doors. The sterio or speaker grills would say premium sound on it if its has it

Comment

usually if you have premium sound, it will say right on the face of the deck or it will be on the radio/hvac trim piece between the radio and the hvac controls. another visual check you can make is to pop the trunk and look at the seatback on the passenger side. if you have premium sound, the amp will be there.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
        6 1/2 in in doors. The sterio or speaker grills would say premium sound on it if its has it
        i don't think the older boxes say premium sound on the speaker grill. the 90-91's do but my 84 does not.

Comment

Ill have to check to see if I have the amp. Sorry though, for the speakers, I meant to say which ones are in the dash on the 2 door grand marquis'? I'll have to see if I have door speakers too.
          Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
          2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
          Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
          Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

if you don't have door speakers, then you don't have teh premium sound. the dash speakers are 4" btw

Comment

Working...
            X