Limo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limo?

Anybody work on an aero/whale limo before? How about removing the divider so i can access the back? Any parts of the undercarriage more prone to rusting out along the stretch? anything else?
    96 MGM
    sigpic
    Cruisin up and down the road...

I know upper rear control arms make for a nice upgrade that's about it.

Comment

Limos are modified after they come off the factory assembly line. They are cut, sections added then re-assembled. There are no federal requirements for aftermarket modifications. Due to this, strength and safety is compromised. For those vehicles used in the salt belt states, that can be dangerous. The center partition provides structural support . That should not be removed.
      Unless the vehicle has been properly undercoated right after re-assembly, rust can be expected especially in the modified areas. The exception to the above would be a LTC L model. A partition could have been added but not needed for the structure.

Comment

I have seen some *bad* work on limos too. Found one in the junkyard years ago that had the brake and fuel lines all extended with compression fittings. Not quite so much a sin on the fuel lines, but absolutely unacceptable for brake lines. They also seem to rot out where the extra car is spliced in, both underside at the frame and under the vinyl top.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The aero in question was run out of ps fluid when a line ruptured. Does that mean it will need a new pump? steering gear box? both? thanks for the input
          96 MGM
          sigpic
          Cruisin up and down the road...

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I'd be more worried about the pump. The boxes turn at such a slow speed that wear isn't that big of an issue if it hasn't been driven like that for months on end.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X