Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat questions

town car seats

is it correct they changed the floorpan in 1990? if so what year tc seats will fit? secondly if i get a set with lumbar and shit is there anyway to wire my switch to control that or would i have to get the switch from the donor car?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

i know that 80-89 towncar seats will bolt up to the crownvic tracks........not sure about the newer seats.........only way to find out is to do a junkyard test fitthe lumbar you could wire to a 3 position switch
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I just took all the leather seats and carpet out of my TC and put it in my Vic. The Vic has only a power driver's seat with control on the side of the seat. The TC had both power seats, with controls on the doors. I have to take the wiring harness out of the TC and put it in the Vic so I can use the power fucntions fully. I will have to drill holes in my door control plates to make room for the new harness. I'll do a tech article with pics when I'm done.

My Photo Album

Comment

use the crown vic/grand marquis seat tracks......boxman did it in his 89 vic
        it would be a real pita to change to the towncar seat controls
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i won't have too much trouble with Shifty as both seats in front are powered

i think the only option this beast didn't have was leather,lol
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
            use the crown vic/grand marquis seat tracks......boxman did it in his 89 vic
            it would be a real pita to change to the towncar seat controls
            scott
            Yeah...I had thought about that...but the tracks from the vic were so badly broken that they are not usable. And for what I'd pay getting them from the junkyard, I'd rather just modify the controls.
            Aside from that, it's only a little extra work for the custom setup.

My Photo Album

Comment

Working...
            X