New wheels for the 5spd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheels for the 5spd!

Got these in a couple of days ago Need to shine'er up!
    Attached Files
    Do it with a 5spd!

Need to lower the car :cuss:
    Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Awesome man! Those look nice....but they look like they could use some wider treds on them too. What size are the wheels and the tires?

Comment

could you post some pics of the interior with the shifter, and any other mods you've done?
        It'd be an honor to feature your vic with a stikie
        And any tech info you can provide on your T5 swap in the tech forum would be great!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
          Awesome mang! Those look nice....but they look like they could use some wider treds on them too. What size are the wheels and the tires?
          Good eye! The tires in the back are stretching it a bit.

The wheel and tire size are; front 18x9 & back 18x10, the tires are 255/55/18

I really needed a 285 or wider in the back. Money had more to do with it then any of my options. I could have got 285/60's for just a few dollars more, but the tire O.D. would have been over 31". My target tire O.D was around 28" to 29". I have had stock Mustang wheels with a stock 26" tire O.D. The match was funny...... The car looked like it was on skates. As for the profile.... lower the profile, the more money AND the tire O.D got no larger than 26".

Plus I wanted something with a roadhazard. Seems like every road in this town has a fresh batch of screws laying around for ME! :guns:

The only tires I sell with roadhazard are the Multi-mile. So my options were kinda limited :cuss:

My hapiness factor compared to the other wheels I had...... :banana: :rock:
          Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i loove those wheels
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Sharp looking rims,i really like the black center with the steel looking outer ring and them Cobra logos are sweet too.Gives that car a whole new look !

\'91 P72 Ford Crown Victoria 5.0L

Comment

It might just be me, but I think you should buy some .5" to 1" spaces for the back. It looks as if your front wheels stick out farther than the rear.

Those rims look awesome, I love the black centers, rather than the gray!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                  My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                    It might just be me, but I think you should buy some .5" to 1" spaces for the back. It looks as if your front wheels stick out farther than the rear.

Those rims look awesome, I love the black centers, rather than the gray!
                    The later year cars have a triangular shape to them. The rear of the car is wider than the front. This leave more fender space in the rear. He would probably space it out a bit but might have to roll the innner fender like I did.

95crwnvic54,
                    What offset are those wheels?

I'm surprised the 255's fit on the 10" rear. I have 245's on 8.5 fronts and 285's on my 9.5 rears. You can definitely go 295 or maybe 305 if you have the space back there. The Marauder guys have some Nittos in 305 but they don't have to roll the fender. The '03 rear inner fenders are flat like the 94-96 Impala's and '05 Mustang.

Cool car dude!!!
                    2001 Grand Marquis LS
                    SuperMotors Page
                    CJMF
                    Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
                    224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
                    15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

[quote="BK_Grand_Marquis"]
                      Originally posted by Mercmarquis

The later year cars have a triangular shape to them. The rear of the car is wider than the front. This leave more fender space in the rear. He would probably space it out a bit but might have to roll the innner fender like I did.

95crwnvic54,
                      What offset are those wheels?

I'm surprised the 255's fit on the 10" rear. I have 245's on 8.5 fronts and 285's on my 9.5 rears. You can definitely go 295 or maybe 305 if you have the space back there. The Marauder mangs have some Nittos in 305 but they don't have to roll the fender. The '03 rear inner fenders are flat like the 94-96 Impala's and '05 Mustang.

Cool car dude!!!
                      Offset is 27mm front & 22mm rear. The front has a 1/4" spacer :cuss: 27mm is alittle to much for the front, but the last wheels I had were 25mm offset and that was just enough to rub my inerfenders and rip the outside of the tire up. :cuss:

The tires do look a litte bulged. That's because they are not "Z" rated. If the tire were wider it would still have the bulge. I do agree that I do need wider tires!
                      Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Nice wheels!!! Now get a set of locking lug nuts for those things. You don't want to come out in the morning and find the car sitting on plastic milkcrates.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Gonna have to look a little closer I've got'em
                          Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Looks great, I want to get a set of the 9& 10" bullitts on my wagon. I've got stock bullitts on them now.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

looks really nice man................you did'nt need 1" spacers in the front........interesting.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X