• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springtime ND/MN meet

UPDATE: March 29, 2006

Date -- Pending
    10:30am -- Meet at Hooters Restaurant in Fargo, North Dakota
    11:00am -- Eat and chat
    Noon (or when everyone has had their fill) -- Show cars. As of now, it seems that we will be able to head on out to the Interstate Dragways, located about a seven mile drive east of Moorhead, and show there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Would anyone be interested in a ND/MN meet this coming spring? Say, somewhere around the Fargo/Moorhead area? Could do it as a weekend thing. I know we don't have too many folks up this way. Figured I'd see if anyone was interested.
    Last edited by monterey1962; 03-29-2006, 10:23 AM.

I will have to see where I am financialy at that time, but you know I want to go.

Comment

Cool. I'm going to start getting the word out on the 3 forums. It's about the cars, right? I'm thinking that if everything works out (schedules and weather) we could hold this thing sometime between late April and May.

Comment

If anyone wants to help spread the word a bit, I'd appreciate it. You guys may know of some MN members that I don't.

Comment

:bump:

Rough idea of the plans, so far: Date will either be Saturday, May 6th or 13th. Meet at Hooters in Fargo that morning. There will be a cruise. The showing of the cars will take place at one of the local parks. I'm waiting for some information, but it looks like I'll be reserving a location along the Red River (as long as it's not flooding). There will be a back-up date as well in case weather turns bad . . . *sigh* . . . or the river is flooding. I'm expecting to have this meet finalized in the next few weeks, so check in once and a while.

Any questions, post 'em here.

Comment

It would sound like that River could flood maybe...hehe

Comment

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Read the first post.

Comment

i'll be there, hopefully

Comment

Cool. I hope there's a decent turn-out.

Comment

There is the possibility that we will have a chance to run the cars on a drag strip in Moorhead. Stay tuned for more info.

www.interstatedragways.com
                    Last edited by monterey1962; 02-25-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

i am 99% sure i will make it and im trying to spread the word around UMD to people i know with panthers so hopefully i can get some others to go too

Comment

Excellent. The more that come, the better. Big thanks for spreadin' the word.:2thumbs:

Comment

I haven't heard back from the folks at the strip, but I'm pretty sure we'll just roll out and show the cars there anyway. It'd be better than just sittin' in the city. The schedule up top has been updated.
                          Last edited by monterey1962; 02-25-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Did anyone want to do some parts swapping or selling at the meet? I've got a stock Mustang H-pipe with cats to get rid of. Great shape. 'Round 20K miles on 'em. I also have a stock Y-pipe. I'll bring 'em if someone wants 'em.

Comment

Hey, this thing is two months away. You need to check out the Interstate Dragways website (link posted earlier) because they've added information. Btw, if we're going to the races, it's $10 to get in, so have some cash. Since that weekend is their season opener, it may be a bit crowded. If you guys want to change the plans and head somewhere else to show the cars, let me know early on.

I'm going to try and contact the folks at the track to see what's possible for us. Also, if there's something you guys want to do that day, let me know soon.

If you have ideas for the meet, speak up.

Comment

Working...
                              X