Gauge Cluster Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Cluster Idea

Hmm. I don't know if anyone else has thought of this. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have those gauges that go on toop of the dash and evertying that project on the winsheild. Like the fighter jets, seen them in Vettes and stuff. My friend actually has a 90's Nissan Maxima and the speedo is anolog.. but at night when the lights are on there is a digital one that projects onto the winsheild. Anyone know where to get the stuff to do it and how much it would cost?
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Id be a PITA, those windshields have a grid to reflect the light in them anyway.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Head Up Display would be cool. Maybe have a visor that drops down and project the digital on that.
      Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

My dad's 2002 grand prix has heads up display and it works pretty nicely. You can raise and lower the position, brighten or dim the display. I'm sure they offer something like that aftermarket. Don't even know whether GM/ Delco, ect. actually produced their own or used another company's. The new Buick Lucerne's heated washer fluid spray which is supposedly GM "innovation" is simply the aftermaket Hotshot system.

[/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Im sure some type of film exists to turn glass into a HUD surface - I bet with some modding to the dash pad you could fit some kind of display unit into the central 6x9 speaker hole.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hmm. So what exactly would you look for as far as the gauges go? I'm sure a window place could get one custom made, who knows how much that would cost though.
            1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
            -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

Newer Lincolns that have all digital dashes are what you are looking for. They project the entire cluster from the bottom of the dash pad to where you see it.

Comment

Working...
              X