Car's in the shop.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car's in the shop.....

Getting Monroe Sensatrac on the front and Monroe air shocks on the back. Unfortunately, she has to stay in the shop overnight. The shocks on her now are oem! They worked on her all day and couldn't get three of them out. I guess the nuts on the top were part of the shocks! They promised to have her done by noon tommorow, so hopefully everything will go well now.
    Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Get the KYB GR-2s!

Those Sensatracs SUCK!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Really? That sux. I was going to get those actually, but they were going to have to order them. I couldn't wait because I have to return to work tommorow. Damn.

Anything will be better than 17 year old factory shocks, though.

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

The back shocks suck. Fronts are easy as long as you don't care about trashing them. Scott taught me a little trick for those. Stick a socket with a long extension on the tops of them and rock it back and forth till the stud breaks.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          Get the KYB GR-2s!

Those Sensatracs SUCK!
          Tom's right. I had Monroes on front and they were horrible (ride and handling). Switched to KYB GR-2s after only a couple months. Still have Monroes in back, but that's because there a bitch to change.

Comment

My back shocks are blown and I have HD wagon springs. Talk about a shitty ride. Ive just been putting it off.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS
            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Ive had sensa-tracks on mine for about 4 years and they are fine... still pass the bounce test.
              Sure they give a little bit in turns, but I dont want to ride like a lumber truck
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Got her back today. The ride ain't so bad really. They had to leave the spring spacers in the front. The ones in the back were gone. But the air shocks took care of that.

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Good to hear! Now lets see some pics!

Comment

Roach, there is only one way to remove the rear shocks in short time (about 15 minutes both), but it involves using a bigass sawzall :evil: I spend several hours (hoist up to hoist down) doing mine, but most of the time went in looking for a suitable adapter so that I can hook up the tiny air lines the shocks came with to the much bigger main air line coming from the compressor up front - ended up using some hudraulic T-ee with compression fittings. Are your monroes run by the self levelling system, or you pump them up manually?

Comment

The ones I got you have to pump them manually. I may look around for a compressor after Christmas.

BTW: I'll try to get some pics in the next few days. She really just looks more level than anything. But I'll see if I can pump her up to around 125psi. :banana:

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

try driving with 3 ton springs and no shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
                          try driving with 3 ton springs and no shocks
                          uhm, no thanks
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                            The back shocks suck. Fronts are easy as long as you don't care about trashing them. Scott taught me a little trick for those. Stick a socket with a long extension on the tops of them and rock it back and forth till the stud breaks.
                            Yep- I did the same thing with my fronts...BTW they make a special tool for that now...

And I like KYBs.

Good Day
                            1993 GM LS 244K
                            29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
                            All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                              Roach, there is only one way to remove the rear shocks in short time (about 15 minutes both), but it involves using a bigass sawzall :evil: I spend several hours (hoist up to hoist down) doing mine, but most of the time went in looking for a suitable adapter so that I can hook up the tiny air lines the shocks came with to the much bigger main air line coming from the compressor up front - ended up using some hudraulic T-ee with compression fittings. Are your monroes run by the self levelling system, or you pump them up manually?

Hey, if you could, pass along what you're using for that setup. I want to re-connect my compressor to my air shocks.

Also, not all of these cars came with the self-level system. It was optional.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X