This fucking thing, fuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fucking thing, fuck!

Okay, so about a week ago, I got called into work at 5:30 in the morning, and I had to be there by six. So I get dressed really quick, shove some kind of food in my mouth from the fridge, and jump in my car. I get about halfway to work, which is about 16 miles from where I live. The wind is blowing towards me, and it is raining like a motherfucker. Of course, the rain is being driven right through the grill into the engine compartment, but I wasn't even thinking about that at the time. I was thinking of what kind of human waste was I going to be scraping up today.

To make long story short, work sucked, and then it ended. I get in my car and warm it up, everthing is going good. I get about 1/3 of the way home, and the LTC starts acting up. I was cruising at 60 MPH, and suddenly the engine lost power. I could feel it slowing down, but my foot was steady on the acc. I was thinking "FUCK! I am going to get stuck in the middle of fucking nowhere and I will be FUCKED"

Well, I didn't think that, but it was something to that effect anyway.

So, I give the bitch a little more gas, and it loses power faster, and the engine starts to misfire really bad. I look at the tach; the needle is as steady as fuck. I push on the acc. a little more, and suddenly the fucker jerks back to life, and I am instantly back to 60 MPH from 45. Then it does it again. and again, and again until I get home, then it stops. The car runs fine. I get in the driveway, and it dies, as usual. I figured, that some of the rain from that morning maybe got into the TPS or something. I also figured that the heat from the engine evaporated any traces of the rain.

How stupid I was.

The next day was a day off. I decided to go to town, to pick up the newest Megadeth CD that came out this year. At about 40 MPH, the car does what it did the previous day. Over and Over. I can see my gas gauge going down from constantly pushing the throttle in and out, over and over. Well, I must say I lost my temper, and smashed the acc. to the floor. By the time I got over with my temper tantrum, the speedo was creeping past 85. So I slowed down. The car continued with it's bullshit all the way to town, and back.

I drove it again, same problem, from about 25-65 MPH, it loses power, and I have to compensate, which means going faster and faster. At about 60, I can keep my foot steady on the accelerator, and the car loses power, drops to 50, and suddenly jerks awake, speeds back up to 60, loses power, drops to 50, and jerks back awake. It will do this over and over again, without me doing anything.

SO! What could be the problem? My money is still on the TPS. I could test it, but some dumb fuck in the past, cut the origional connectors off, and used those fuckin tube crimp connector things on it.

My dad said it could be the fuel filter, but I don't see how that could be the problem.

Anyone got anything?

Oh, BTW, this was the last straw. If and when I get a "band-aid" on this thing, I am going to drive it through winter, and in the spring, the CFI is gonna be fucked. I am switching to carb. I am sick of the shit this thing is throwing at me.

Sorry about the long post. I am just pissed right now. Plus it's halloween. If I find any egg on my car, I am going to be killing people.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

FUCK! I just realized I put this in the wrong fucking forum!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITBALLS!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Surging...

I would take it to a REPUTABLE shop.. and have them pull the codes.... In the long run, when you have an problem like that.. it is a good place to start.... It WILL save you money in the long run... from just changing parts till it clears up.... It sounds like a sensor going tits up to me.. since it seems to get hot and act up... so check that first...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Yeah, throwing money at a problem is often throwing money away. Maybe something ignition related though? Dist cap/rotor?

Comment

I have a code reader. I will hook it up tomorrow and see what I get

I am broke, so a shop is out of the question at the moment.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

i could be wrong, but that sounds almost like a distributor cap prob. those are fairly cheap to replace. if that is the case, might i suggest something. get a hold of(ebay) a distibutor cover. if you need a pic i can snap one tomorrow. that should help prevent moisture from getting thru to the cap.
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Well, for shits and giggles, I drove the car around for a while to warm it up, then parked it and slapped the code reader on there. This is what I got on KOEO:

31 EVP or PFE circuit below minimum voltage.

(cont. codes):
              14 Ignition Profile Pickup (PIP) circuit failure
              18 Loss of tach input/IDM circuit failure/SPOUT circuit failure
              41 HEGO (HO25) sensor voltage/system lean

I erased the continuous memory codes, cuz I never cleared them the last time I had problems. I started it up, and drove it around again, until it showed the same problems. Brought it home, put the code reader back on, and only got code 31. This is only because there is something wrong with my EGR system and I unplugged the EGR Position Sensor plug, and plugged the vac line, but the car had no signs of running wrong until recently, and I unplugged that thing months ago.

I tried pulling codes with the KOEO, but the engine dies every single time I start the test. I don't know why. I let it warm up completely, and it still does it. I suppose I could fuck with the throttle a little, but it might register as an error to the computer if I open the throttle a little.

I also checked the cap, no moisture inside, it is in perfect shape.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

I got it.

TFI Module!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If that is indeed what the problem is, luckily they are pretty inexpensive. I found one on shucks for a little over $20.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Get one, put it in, and see if it works.

If it doesnt, just take it out, and return it.

Worth a shot.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Lotta places won't let you return TFI modules. Plus, once you put that grease on it, that's it.

Comment

Have we checked under the distributor cap for water? I can never wash off a hot motor without getting water vapor into the distributor cap area....and it acts the same way...

Comment

make sure that the spout connector is in place...........replace the o2 sensor also..........consider the o2 a tune up item (i reccomend every other tune up)
                          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I replaced the O2 sensor about 500 miles ago. No moisure under the cap.

I will check the SPOUT connector after work tommorow.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                            X