the '84.. new pictuure.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the '84.. new pictuure.....

Thought I would take some pictures of the '84 today...
    Just to show everyone what it will look like after the lightbar is on the car....

Before the paint!

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

:headbang:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Makes me sad for my old '84 Fox LTD.

Comment

84 LTD

Hey, I have seen that car before on car domain!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Damn! Really? I guess another LTD owner would have. I miss that car even more than my SHO. Even though it was slow as turds, I still wish I had it back. Once the Grandma-rquis takes a poop I'll get another Fox. (Or until I can convince my mom to let me get another car.)

Comment

is it painted?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Painted

Not yet.... it goes in today... (Tuesday) We had issues getting it over there today... It took longer than expected getting the grille and trim off of it for the paint job.... damn rusted on bolts! (Didn't want to break anything!) I got some pictures of it today after getting about half of it off the car.... I will attach them later....
              It will take about a week to a week and a half to get it done... so I will have room in the driveway for a while!!!!

Comment

Ifixyawata,
                Did your LTD have the Chrome hood "cap" above the grille??? When I took it off today... it sort of looked better without it.... was thinking about leaving it off..... just can't decide how it would look....

Comment

Yep, it did:

I think I had it off when I painted the car but I can't think of how it looked without it. Seems like there'd be a big ridge there. I had also thought about blacking out the headlight bezels, grille, and that cap.

Comment

oh u could put a 4 eye mustang front clip on it
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

84 in the shop...

Well, the 84 went in the shop today... looked REALLY strange with no front grill, headlight trim, spotlight, wipers arms, or any of the window trim pieces... The first thing the guy at the body shop said was dude, what happened to your grille??? Then he walked up to the car, and said, "and your interior?"!!!
                      So it is officially getting coated with about 4 coats of nice shiney Ford Oxford White, and a couple of clearcoats too.... And the total bill.. (for supplies and paint, and removing the three dents), is $290.00....!!!! It is nice to have friends!!!! I looked at a car he just got done with today.... (Yes, I am serious.. I have the bill in my pocket!) It was super smooth and slick.. he knows how to lay the paint on nice.... Can't wait till mine is done... he said about a week.... So next Wednesday or so, it should be done... Then the FUN begins!!!

Comment

Mustang Front end

oh u could put a 4 eye mustang front clip on it
                        There is a LTD floating around with a mustang GT front end on it... i used to have a picture of it somewhere... But I can't find it right now.. and the Ford LTD Fox body site is down again... (It goes down about every other week! As soon as i get a copy of the picture.. I'll post it... a TRUE four door mustang!!! It looks pretty good....

Comment

The Mustang sheetmetal physically bolts up to the LTD II front end, but you have to Z-cut a section of the old LTD fender and add it to the new mustang fender...the beltline trimlines don't match up. There are actually pictures of 4 or 5 cars running around with the Stang sheetmetal....and a couple with the late stang dashes, also.

Comment

Working...
                          X