i had a dream - efi 347 stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a dream - efi 347 stroker

I just woke up, so bare with me. EFI 347 stroker upper intake idea. Use whatever lower intake that would be needed to make her breathe well. For the upper, use two F-150 throttle bodies lined up front to back. Use one of those elongated air filters. Stick it through the hood a couple inches and put a nice short hoodscoop on there. It would almost look like a dual carb set-up. Rear throttle body would have the IAC, front throttle body would have the TPS. It'd be all custom, of course, but could it be done? Am I just crazy?

It might work. If my car had a 347, I'd top it off with a Holley SysteMAX II or Edelbrock Performer RPM II and call it a day.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

the Colony park I saw with the 347 had one of the ebay edelbrock knockoffs. Seemed to run just fine.

Your idea would work, but you would need a plenum below the TB's It'd look really cool though. And sound pretty awesome too. And you could do a functional shaker hoodscoop.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Use a ported early Ford truck EFI lower intake(rectangle ports ). Then like MRLTD said ad a plenum box then add the throttle bodies.

Oh yea you've got one problem with your diagrahm. The throttle linkage on the truck tb's is on the end of them not on the side. So you'd have to rotate them 90 degrees to use an inline throttle linkage. Otherwise you'll need a crosspull throttle linkage set up like used on a dual quad supercharger set up.

Something I've considered a time or two is to pick up a couple cheap 4V carbs off Ebay and gut them and use them as throttle bodies. You'd need to use a TPS etup in the throttle linkage but it's doable. I just thought that would be cool and confuse the hell out of some people.

Comment

Actually, since it's an inline, all you have to do is make an adapter shaft to go between the 2 TB's. Clean and simple.

Comment

That would take a little fabrication but it's doable. You'll have to pull the TPS off the one tb and then make an adapter to join the two shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
              That would take a little fabrication but it's doable. You'll have to pull the TPS off the one tb and then make an adapter to join the two shafts.
              yup, easy enough to do.

Comment

Working...
              X