Heater-AC blower speed problems CLICK here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater-AC blower speed problems CLICK here

If you do not have Electronic temp control, and your fan blows the same on 2 or more speeds or have only 1, or no speed adjustment of the fan...You can unplug your blower fan, and temporarily run 12v to the fan, if it spins your fan is good. Start looking at the blower resistor. It is located under the hood, on the ductwork on the firewall near the passenger side valve cover under the heater hoses. It is held on by 2 screws. You may needa new plug if you have an older type which has been known to melt. But remove this and it is usually evident that these "resistive coils" wound on the unit have broken-burnt apart. This is what changes the voltage to the fan, giving you the different speeds. This is a 15 minute fix usually, The part is usually around $20.
    The eatc one is a transistorized unit in the same spot for you "temp control guys"' Cannot be used inplace or regular resistor array with out modifications. Sorry for the huge pics. Thanks to p71interceptor for his pics.
    Attached Files

I had a similar problem in my 93 but the resistors were fine.

Turned out the control panel switch was shot. Replaced with a junkyard conrol panel (Piece of cake) paid $10 for it. Now I have real High, much faster than before and all the other 3 speeds ( 4 total).
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
      I had a similar problem in my 93 but the resistors were fine.

Turned out the control panel switch was shot. Replaced with a junkyard conrol panel (Piece of cake) paid $10 for it. Now I have real High, much faster than before and all the other 3 speeds ( 4 total).
      The resistor array is the easiest thing to trouble shoot. Also more common as 90% of the speed related failures are due to this.

Comment

Working...
      X